Dear member of the PAGE community,
We welcome applications for new members of the PAGE Scientific Organising Committee (SOC)!
As a member of the PAGE SOC, you need to be active in the scientific programming (during the winter), be available for reviewing (typically happening in April and May), be available to be a session chair at the PAGE meeting (June/July), and be willing to commit to a 5-year term. Given that the PAGE program is primarily built on selection of submitted abstracts, this is an important task. As an SOC member you are only concerned with the scientific programming, not with the logistics of the meeting itself.
Candidates will need to ensure they are available for at least 4 working days (36 hours) per year to perform the following tasks if selected:
- actively contribute to the creation of the scientific programme for PAGE meetings
- actively contribute to the review and selection of abstracts
- actively participate in the organisation of the meeting (e.g. chairing sessions, contacting speakers, etc)
- actively contribute to scientific debate, suggest directions and focus areas for future PAGE meetings and activities
Candidates should be regular PAGE participants and should submit the following, which will be considered when selecting candidates.
1. Motivation letter, describing the candidate's suitability and reasons for wanting to join the PAGE SOC
2. A short curriculum vitae (max 2 pages), with focus on:
- scientific achievements and contribution to the field (drug development, drug discovery, therapeutics, methodologies, etc)
- experience as editor or reviewer (e.g. manuscripts) and/or contribution to the organisation of scientific events /proposal for scientific agenda, etc
- role in other scientific organisations
Please submit your written application by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘PAGE SOC application’ in the header by 4 December 2023 EOB at the latest.
The Scientific Organizing Committee of PAGE
Chair PAGE Scientific Organising Committee